Hi! My name is Amanda 🙂 I’m a wife, daughter, sister, event planner, planner lover, and all about that Oxford comma.
I’m very excited to start this blog – to me an “eventful lifestyle” is living your life with the air of attending an event. Or I suppose in my case, planning an event! There’s precision, flair, and an OCD tendency towards detail. I’ll probably cover a wide range of topics including event planning, dinner parties, makeup and hair tips, styling ideas, and general musings.
I’d love to get to know you, so here are a few things about me:
- I have been planning events since I was 13 years old, back when I didn’t even consider what I was doing event planning. Since then I have planned a wide variety of events and definitely have a passion for it.
- I married my wonderful husband in October 2015 after a pretty quick whirlwind romance. He is my best friend and I absolutely adore him. He supports me in almost everything I do (not a big fan of my cold feet on his legs at night) and he is my number 1 fan.
- I dream through Pinterest. My boards are full of clothes I want to wear, houses I want to own, jokes I wish I came up with, and food that I want to devour. I learned the hard way when it came to my wedding that not everything on Pinterest is necessarily budget friendly (well, almost none of it is), so I’ll be talking a lot on DIY ways to achieve that “Pinterest-perfect” life.
- I love sarcasm, wit, and funny jokes. I go a lot between resting bitch face and laughing my butt off. I also find a lot of inappropriate things funny. I know that I hit the jackpot when I send something to my husband and his response is “O.O”.
- I love to read and get sucked up into a story. If a story grabs me, I will be in that universe until I finish the book, and possibly 3-5 days afterwards depending on its emotional nature. Unfortunately, I don’t get to read as often as I would like. Last year I got sucked into Me Before You and it was the first time my husband saw me get emotionally attached to a book like that, which basically meant that I ignored him and household chores for about three days. I also love Harry Potter. Ask me any trivia from it. I probably know it.
I’m excited to start this journey and see what I learn. Follow along if you want to see too!